- 1 About Jimin:
- 2 Fun Facts about Jimin:
- 3 Jimin on Love and Dating
- 4 Bio and Discography
- 5 Jimin Plastic Surgery Controversy
Jimin – the lead vocalist and main dancer of boy group BTS (Bangtan Boys) under Big Hit Entertainment.
He is born Park Jimin on October 13, 1995, in Busan, South Korea. His nicknames are Park Jiminnie and Dooly. He is also called ‘Ddochi’ in middle school since his classmates thought that he looks like a puppy.
There are no known facts about his family except that he has a dad, mom, and younger brother. His dad has a café in Busan called Alice’s Table. They are very proud of Jimin and are a bit worried about his eating habit and for rarely seeing him each year. However, Jimin said that the reason he is losing weight is that although he is eating as much as other members of BTS, he exercises a lot.
He stands 5′ 7″ (175 cm) and weighs 60 kgs (132 lbs).
Since he was still in 8th grade, Jimin has started to dance popping. After watching Rain’s performances, he became interested in becoming a performer. He told his parents about it, and they approved it happily.
He studied in Busan High School of Arts in the modern dance department as one of the top seat students. He transferred to Korea Arts High School with V and completed his studies there in 2013. His teacher has suggested him to audition for an entertainment company. He auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment with the song, “I Have a Lover” during Big Hit Entertainment’s “Hit It” auditions in Busan in 2011. It was his first ever audition, and he got accepted. He moved to Seoul after becoming a trainee at Big Hit Entertainment, and he also attended at Global Cyber University.
In 2013, Jimin made his debut as one of the members of BTS.
Fun Facts about Jimin:
- He is a big fan of BIGBANG’s Taeyang and wants to become like him.
- His favorite color is light blue and black.
- Jimin’s blood type is A.
- His favorite number is 3.
- He is known as one of the most talkative and energetic members of BTS.
- Jimin is insecure about his ‘chubby cheeks.’
- He practices a lot, to the point that he only sleeps 3 three hours a day.
- He trained for a year before debuting with BTS.
- In BTS’ dorm, he is in charge of cleaning the kitchen.
- Jimin knows a lot when it comes to skin care. It usually takes him a long time cleansing. His secret is to immediately put on moisturizer after cleansing his face; around 3 seconds after drying his face with a towel. His makeup tips usually include a natural look.
- He has the most beautiful and ripped body among BTS members.
- His official fan club is called A.R.M.Y.
- His religion is Christianity
- Not a smooth talker
- He was very nervous during his audition to Big Hit Entertainment. His hands and voice shook a lot during the audition, but he was very confident in his dancing skills and was able to perform flawlessly.
- Jimin always feels apologetic every time he remembers how hard he kicked the other members of BTS during the “No More Dream” music video.
- All members of BTS testify that Jimin is the nicest in the group.
- His favorite food includes lots of meat (chicken, beef, pork, and duck), stew kimchi jjigae, and fruits.
- His ideal girl should be smaller than him, cute, charming, and sweet.
- He has a habit of dancing to the music no matter where he is.
- Most BTS members voted Jimin as the most changed in appearance since he debuted in 2013.
- His favorite “Avengers” is the Hulk because everybody else prefers Iron Man.
- He can’t live without his eyeliner although he can’t put it on himself. He feels that he has a very soft expression that is not fitted for hip hop dancing so he gets shy and can’t perform entirely without eyeliner.
- He’s very self-conscious about his cheeks and would sometimes think that he is fat.
- V and Jimin were High School classmates.
- He was chosen to represent BTS at Idol Mini Championship 2014 for putting the ball in. He got first place with a record of 1.3 seconds.
- Jimin is very comfortable dressing as a girl. He thinks that he is kind of cute as a girl.
- He lost once in an arm-wrestling match to Jungkook.
- He thinks that his most charming asset is his eyes.
- His ideal date is drinking together, sitting on a bench in a countryside, and holding hands.
- He had considered several name options like Kid and Baby J before he realized that he preferred using his real name.
- His motto is to become handsome or cool not only on the outside but also on the inside.
- His favorite saying is “Let’s keep trying ‘til we can’t do it anymore.”
- His habit is being close to Jeonggukkie.
- Three things he likes include receiving attention, performing, and Jeonggukkie.
- Three things he dislikes include Suga, Jin, and V.
- His recent interests include exercise, movies, and clothes.
- The song he will most probably recommend to you would be “Paper Hearts” by Tori Kelly.
- His goal is to become a cool guy.
- He is not only popular among his ARMY fans and k-pop followers but is also popular with other Kpop stars. He was voted as the idol that female pop stars prefer to win first place in the 2016 Idol Star Athletics Championships.
- True happiness for Jimin is when he achieved the goals he previously set one by one.
- He is the last to join BTS.
Jimin on Love and Dating
Seulgi of Red Velvet
Although he mentioned that he has never been in love before, there has been news that is currently circulating recently, that has been dating Suelgi, a Korean singer and part of a Korean girl group called Red Velvet.
This said rumor started when an edited video of the two of them together started appearing on most social networks. However, it was proven to be untrue later on. Though this piece of gossip was false, it is true that he is a big fan of Red Velvet. He mentioned that he was interested in getting their contact number when asked which contact number he wants to get the most. He also said in a variety show before that he liked to be close to Red Velvet but did not mention any particular member.
Han Seung Yeon of KARA
Han Seung Yeon is one of the members of the Korean girl band KARA. She was linked to Jimin when she showed a friendly attitude to the BTS member on the MBS’s Weekly Idol. The members of KARA hesitated when they were asked if they have any interest in any junior idols except Han Seung Yeon. She admitted that she is has been interested in Jimin of BTS when they had the same promotion schedule after they made a comeback for Mamma Mia.
His Ideal Woman
There are so little known details on Jimin’s ideal type of woman. All that he mentioned about the subject is that he prefers a charming and nice girl, must be shorter than he is, with the single-edged eyelid, and has a long hair.
To the surprise of most his fans, all the things that he is looking for in a girl can be seen with Seulgi, who has been rumored to be his girlfriend. However, this piece of information is most likely just a happy coincidence as there is no hard evidence supporting this story.
What Jimin thinks about Dating and Marriage
Jimin revealed his views on dating and relationship in an interview held for their new Japanese single, “Danger.”
He disclosed that he should put all his efforts in his relationship, so his girlfriend will only look at him. He believes that people in a relationship should put in equal amount of effort for the relationship to work. He is looking forward to a love story in which he will only love one woman for all eternity.
His ideal date setting is a simple one like having a drink together, sitting on a bench in a countryside, and walking while holding hands.
How his fans reacts on him getting a Girlfriend
A lot of his fans are excited to know anything about his love life that they are always ready to jump at any rumors that circulate in the social media at the blink of an eye. However, there are also some fans who get tired of all the hook-up rumors forced by the media as most of them are not true anyway.
Bio and Discography
Jimin debuted last 2013 in BTS as one of the group’s lead vocals and dancer. Aside from his BTS career, he also became active in songwriting and singing. He is currently single although there are a lot of ladies out there who are rumored to be linked with Jimin.
Wake Up (2014)
Dark & Wild (2014)
Young Forever (2016)
2015 Running Man
Plays he Participated in:
The Most Beautiful Moment of life Part1 (2015)
The Most Beautiful Moment of life Part2 (2015)
Skool Luv Affair (2014)
Awards and Nomination:
MelOn Music Award: New Artist of the year(2013)
Golden Disk Award: Newcomer Award(2014)
MelOn Music Award: Best Male Dance Award(2015)
Golden Disk Award: Disk Bongsang (2016)
His projected net worth is around $8.3 million for his career in BTS as of 2016.
Jimin Plastic Surgery Controversy
Jimin’s face doesn’t seem too suspicious at first glance, but comparing his recent pics to pre-debut Jimin indicates that he may have had a nose job. The difference is not too glaring (unlike another member of BTS), but his nose does seem more petite.
I also suspect he may have had some work done on his eyes. He’s skipped double eyelid surgery, but his very wide-eyed look hints at possible corner cutting surgery, especially on the inner corners of his eyes.
Jimin is a really young guy so I hope he quits while he’s ahead, if you can even call it “ahead”. What do you guys think of the work he’s had done?